22 September 2009

Journal PDJ - 22.09.09

Just like yesterday when I started writing more of the characterization for my intended novel "Perempuan di Jagamonyet", I got up early around 7.44 (indicated by my alarm in iPhone) and without taking a shower, cleaning up myself and heading for the subway to the Grand Central from the Ochi's apartment in Financial District. I used express subway no. 4 or no. 5 from the Wall St. Station, a few paces from S. William St.

The sidewalks were already busy with people heading for their daily activities, a hustle and bustle of New York as I may called it. It's like in any movies depicting New York, this time, I experienced it alive and kicking. The subway itself, I can express it with the people's express. At 8 o'clock, the train to Grand Central is 90% packed with variety of people. They were engrossed with their newspapers, reading the latest news; magazines; iPod/iPhone, listening to their music and of course, a new phenomenon called Amazon Kindle.

In Grand Central Station, about 30% of the people inside exit at this station. The Grand Central at this time of hour, until several hours more, is the jungle of Triboro individuals. The shops are already in their daily activity, serving the suburbanites a coffee or pan to be consumed on the way. It's the vein of the city. Without this, New York would never be the same. I guess, I'm the newbie here, New York will always like this.

I think it's gonna be my daily routine for several days ahead, a latte from Starbucks and Chocolate Pan from Zaro, a vendor in the Grand Central. I deviated from my usual, caffe mocha, after I realized that the calorie intake of the caffe mocha is 110 more than the caramel machiato. I'd always think the other way around. Damn! No wonder, I picked the leftover in my bulging stomach nowadays.
Well, my morning intakes are my company for my hideaway in Bryant Park, a free wi-fi park behind the famous Public New York Library. The biggest green in the park is being tended at the moment because of the activities done in the past week to it. Some says, it was for the New York Fashion Week. I haven't confirmed it on the net, I guess I'm just lazy to browse this information...:)

Since I'm here, I will let myself engross with continuing of the writing of "Perempuan di Jagamonyet", leaving the chatting noise of someone playing a game chess, must be a regular, in front of me.
'til tomorrow.

Bryant Park, New York - 22.09.09