28 September 2009

Journal PDJ - 28.09.09

It's sunny today as the bright sunshine poured and reflected resplendently over the grass of Bryant Park. It's also a Yom Kippur Day as many stores in New York area are closed. So does one of the best coffee chain that this city offer, Aroma Espresso Bar. I believe the proprietor is Jewish since I've failed to see that they offer pork and its sib in their menu.

Yanneke, my character for PDJ, is also a Jewish descendant, from her mother side. Since, I'm dwelling to develop this character even more, I have to rethink and redraw totally for the character to be able to be the lead in the novel. Before, her father was a real father, but then, it would not give the Yanneke character a bleak past. Therefore, I intended that Herr Schmidt is her step father, a man that her mother marry after her first husband, Yanneke's real father, gone missing. But, I will stress out that both men are Bolsheviks or Anarchist, someone that can put Yanneke and her mother in the slum of European working class quarter.

So, we have the Bolshevik or Anarchist from the male side and the Jewish side for the female side that create Yanneke's early life. It should be noted as well that Yanneke has lost her real father when she was three. By the time, she was five, she had a new father, this Kurt Schmidt, a Bolshevik musician. I will iterate more in the characterization paper as I develop more for Yanneke's character.

All of a sudden, it's windy all over that I have to put my light jacket on. It's not enough. A bit about Bryant Park, beside those Chess Players, there are some tourists who usually have their refreshment drinks with the baggage beside them. However, there is one old lady, whom on the first day I came here, I thought that she was one of the tourist in waiting since there was her big luggage beside her. Her look and her attire are considered to be normal. Yet, as I come here often, this lady is always here with the same attire and luggage. I presumed that she is one of the park's bum. She just passed by in front of me.