23 September 2009

Journal PDJ - 23.09.09

It's a cloudy Manhattan morning. In front of me, the workers are already put half of the grass turf back on the middle part of Bryant Park. Yes, it was for the last week NY Fashion Week's tent that they have to sacrifice the turf. Not so much difference route I took from yesterday's morning. The subway was still people's subway no. 5, but the walking route was a bit different. Today, I walked along the William St. and made a turn at the Exchange Place (the street where they installed a big electronic blockade, preventing unwanted vehicle to scram through the NYSE) all the way to the Broadway. Yesterday, it was a right turn at the Broad Street, passing a massive United States flag on the NYSE building before turning left to the famous Wall Street.

Yesterday's writing was mixed with the euphoria of my buddy backhome in Jakarta, Joko Anwar. He promised in his tweets if he ever to get 3000 followers he would go naked in one of the Circle K minimart branch. Several hours after his tweet, his followers were exceeding 12000 followers. So, he had to keep his promise, and he proved to the rest of his followers (15000+ then), an act which most Indonesian politicians seldom or never did. Here's the local media link. It was the Indonesian frenzy that created a hype in the cyberworld, much more than the KPK and President SBY for the G-20 visit in New York. For Joko's action, I saluted him.

Despite the distraction, I was able to finish the characterization of one of the main character, Reksodirdjo Mangoenkoesomo. Today, I'm going to start with the voice of the novel, the character Hamid. But still, I haven't been able to express the grand idea for this novel as my friend asked me over the Yahoo Messenger. It was still a scattered ones. My defense was that I'm going to build each character, and their involvement against the history will speak itself for the grand idea. Still not sure, though.

By the way, someone with full attire of business suit smoking pot not far from my seat, and one guy is bitching about his losing a chess game to his opponent, mentioning about sacrifices. Losing is losing, dude.

No comments: